If you are on a post-December diet, you must try this colorful red cabbage salad. Even if you aren’t, you should try it anyway because it’s light, crunchy, refreshing and loaded with veggies.
It’s filling, so you can have it as a main dish, or a magnificent side to meat. You can even make it in advance and store it for a few days. You will get a lot of important nutrients and fiber with raw vegetables and healthy fats with seeds and olive oil. Don’t hesitate, just make it and enjoy it.
- 2 cups (about 140 grams) of shredded red cabbage
- ¼ of leek
- 1 carrot
- Half of a head of green salad
- Zest of one lemon
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 table spoons of olive oil
- ¼ of a cup of mixed seeds or seeds of your choice
- Thinly shred the cabbage, leek and carrots using a mandolin. With a sharp knife, slice green salad.
- Mix all the vegetables together.
- For the dressing, grind lemon zest and combine it with garlic, salt and olive oil. Add lemon juice or balsamic vinegar, if you’d like.
- Top the salad with the dressing and toss it with seeds.