If you are a lover of Asian-flavored food you just can’t miss with Coconut mango chicken. It’s perfect if you want healthy lunch done in less than 40 minutes. It’s sweet, sour, spicy and exotic.
In the recipe, I describe the quicker method where you just place all the ingredients and fry them. That is perfectly fine, and the dish will be delicious. But an even better method is that you marinade the chicken the day before. In a medium bowl, mix together grated ginger, honey, olive oil, salt, turmeric and cayenne pepper. Cut the chicken breast into cubes and mix it well with the marinade. Place in the food container or Ziploc bag and store in the fridge overnight. The next day, add cubed mango and sliced peppers and fry for 20 minutes.
The result of making that is tender chicken with an incredibly spicy, sweet and sour sauce. I recommend rice or quinoa as a side, but if you are on a low carb or Paleo diet, you could try it with cauliflower rice.
- 1 mango
- 1 pound (about 450 grams) chicken breast
- 1 onion
- 2 red bell peppers
- 14 oz (about 400 ml) coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon of turmeric
- Dice onions, cut chicken and mango into small cubes, and bell peppers into stripes. Grate fresh ginger.
- Add olive oil to the frying pan and let it melt. Add in diced onion, ginger, chicken, bell peppers and spices and cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and cook for 15 to 20 more minutes until chicken is done.
- Garnish with fresh parsley or cilantro.
- Serve it with rice.