These delicious Mexican minced meat muffins can be served hot or cold. Either way, they are delicious and incredibly handy. They are really quick and easy to make and are full of protein. Muffin portions make them perfect a snack or for dinner. You can even take them for lunch at work.
All you need to do is chop vegetables in a vegetable dicer. You can dice them with a knife, but using a dicer saves you a lot of time (I hesitated to buy one for a long time, but now I can’t imagine my cooking life without it).
Then just simply put the meat, diced vegetables, spices, flour, eggs and salt in a big bowl and mix it well.
Spray the muffin tin with cooking oil. Divide the mixture among 16 muffin cups. Bake in a preheated oven for about 25 to 30 minutes on 170°C.
- 1½ pound (about 650 grams) of lean ground chicken
- ½ cup (about 70 grams) of whole wheat flour
- 2 red peppers
- 2 onions
- 2 carrots
- 1 cup (about 150 grams) of corn
- 4 eggs
- 1 tea spoon of thyme
- ½ teaspoon of Oregano
- ½ teaspoon of turmeric
- ½ teaspoon of marjoram
- 1 teaspoon of hot chili
- pinch of salt
- Dice peppers, onions and carrots.
- Combine minced chicken meat, whole wheat flour, diced peppers, onions, carrots, corn, eggs, spices and salt in a large bowl. Mix well using wooden spoon.
- Spray 12 hole muffin tin with olive oil and fill the tin with mixture.
- Preheat oven to 340 °F (170°C). Bake for 25-30 minutes.