This wonderful, simple Salmon Chowder is incredibly easy to make. The key ingredient is the salmon, which is loaded with protein and the omega 3s. The creamy corn broth pairs great with a rich taste of salmon. Adding vegetables gives this soup extra flavor, vitamins and fiber. The soup is healthy, rich and filling and it takes less than 30 minutes to make. If it is served with whole wheat bread, it is filling enough to be served as a main dish.
Here are the photos that show you how it’s done.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 leek, chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 5 garlic cloves
- 3 large carrots, peeled, diced
- 1 can of organic sweet corn
- 1 lb (about 500 grams) of salmon fillet
- 8 cups (about 2 liters) of water
- Organic soup cube
- Bay leaf
- Remove salmon skin and pin bones. Cut fish into cubes.
- Heat the oil in a large soup pot over a medium heat, then add the onion and cook until it is translucent. Then add chopped leek, diced bell peppers, diced carrots, and half a can of sweet corn. Cook for about 10 minutes.
- Place the other half of corn and garlic in the high speed blender with water and blend well.
- Pour the corn liquid in to a soup pot over the vegetables, add cubed salmon, soup cube, bay leaf, and salt if needed
- Simmer for about 10 to 15 minutes, until fish is cooked.
- Sprinkle with the parsley and serve.