I must admit that I was a bit intimidated by green smoothies at first. I absolutely love veggies, but putting green leaves in my smoothie sounded like nothing good would come out of my blender. But as a health freak, I naturally wanted to incorporate more green goodies in my diet, and it’s a lot easier and quicker to just toss leafy green vegetables in a blender and drink a smoothie than preparing and eating a salad. So with a lot of trial and error, some of my smoothies came out pretty great (and some pretty disgusting), and I happened to slowly become fond of green smoothies. They can be delicious if prepared with the right ingredients. This green smoothie is made of acid fruit and is quite sour, like sour candy. Kiwis, apple and a whole lemon will give you a wonderful boost of vitamin C.
I made a Sour Green smoothie with just 2 cups of green spinach, so the taste of greens isn’t too strong, but if you want to go a little more hardcore, feel free to add more. It will be even better for your health. The recipe is for two servings. One smoothie has only 115 calories and it gives you 25% of your recommended fiber intake. So if you want to lose your love handles by the summer, prepare your blender for this lovely sour green smoothie.
- 1 large granny smith apple or any other apple of your choice
- 2 cups (about 60 grams) of spinach
- 2 kiwis peeled
- 1 lemon peeled and seeded
- 2 cups (about 0,5 liter) of water
- Peel the lemon and remove the seeds.
- Peel the kiwis and remove seeds from apple.
- Put lemon, kiwis, apple and spinach in a blender and process until smooth.