Here is my recipe for spicy black rice noodles with shrimp and vegetables. I have to admit that black noodles look a little strange at first, but fear not.
With all those beautiful, colorful vegetables and spicy chili, in the end spicy black rice noodles with shrimp and vegetables look and taste fantastic.
The dish is very easy to make. Even if you are inexperienced in the kitchen, you can make it in no time, with no special equipment and almost no way of messing it up. The contrast of colors makes this dish beautiful for the eyes. If you have invited over guests who love spicy Asian cuisine, and you don’t want to spend all day in the kitchen, this dish could be your solution.
Rice noodles are gluten-free and are suitable for people with celiac disease or those with gluten intolerance. If you also use gluten-free soy sauce, the dish will be wheat and gluten-free. This recipe would work equally well with regular white rice noodles, and you can use almost any vegetable you like!
- 0, 5 lb (about 200 grams) of prawns, fresh or defrosted
- ¼ of one leek
- Half of red onion or regular onion
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 carrot
- ½ cup of broccoli
- One pack, 8 oz (about 230 grams) of black rice noodles or regular rice noodles
- Teaspoon of sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce (more or less to taste)
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Chop all vegetables.
- In a large pot, bring water to boil. Cook noodles according to instructions on the package. They should be firm to the bite. Drain and pour 1 teaspoon of olive or coconut oil over the noodles. That will keep them from sticking together.
- In the meantime, preheat a large skillet and add 1 tbsp of olive or coconut oil. Add the garlic and prawns and cook on the both sides for a few minutes. Then add chopped vegetables and cayenne pepper and fry until tender but still al dente. Add noodles, stir until veggies and noodles are combined and cook for a few minutes. Pour soy sauce on the mixture.
- Garnish with sesame seeds.